Participation in the interview is vital to showing your employer your passion. During the interview, be sure to follow these guidelines:
- Ask questions. Do not leave the interview with any questions in mind. It is okay to have questions come up later and these can always be asked when you follow up; however, while you are there take the opportunity to get answers.
- Stay alert. Make sure you get to bed on time the night before. You absolutely do not want to zone out during an interview and cause the employer to believe you are careless or bored.
- Do not use your cell phone. Silence or power off your cell phone beforehand. Again you do not want your employer to think you are bored.
- Engage in conversation. Show your interest by engaging with your interviewer.
- Use manners.
- Take notes. Show your employer you are interested in what they have to say as well a good listener by taking notes of pertinent information that comes up during the interview.